Influential Leaders to Speak at Eco Asia Conference 2013
Oct 08 2013 Read 1458 Times
Eco Asia Conference, the highly-regarded event taking place alongside Eco Expo Asia from 28 – 30 October, has gathered some of the world’s leading experts in green-tech development for the 2013 edition. The concurrent exhibition, operating from 28 – 31 October, will showcase a comprehensive collection of green business solutions during its four-day run at AsiaWorld-Expo in Hong Kong. Organisers Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd and the Hong Kong Trade Development Council as well as co-organiser the Environment Bureau of the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region believe that individual, commercial enterprises and governments can all benefit from both the solutions on offer at the show as well as the informative topics scheduled for discussion at the conference.
Over 25 prominent experts in green-tech development from around the world are expected to lead discussions at Eco Asia Conference 2013. The event will be officiated by keynote addresses from Ms Christine Loh Kung-wai, Under Secretary for the Environment, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and Mr Hiroshi Ogawa, Governor of Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan, and followed by a series of topics on green-tech policies and opportunities in the Chinese Mainland. Information on the industry’s development and the application of green technology in waste management and recycling, sustainable energy development, energy efficiency as well as green building will also be shared. Some of the important speakers as well as their associated topics scheduled for the conference include:
• Mr Olle Zetterberg, CEO, Stockholm Business Region, Sweden
Topic: Stockholm: the Green Experience
• Ms Julia Xu, Head, ALBA Asia
Topic: Comprehensive and Innovative Recycling System – Comprehensive Solutions for Municipal Household Waste
• Mr Shigehiko Nakayama, Councillor, Recycling Business Promotion Team, Panasonic Corporation, Japan
Topic: Closed-loop Oriented Recycling Systems for Electronic Wastes
• Mr Jean Pasternak, Sustainability Services Director, Professional Services Division, Schneider Electric
Topic: Sustainability and Energy Management
• Dr Benny Chow, Director Sustainability, Aedas Ltd
Topic: The Business of Green Buildings in Asia: From the Green BIM, and Looking Ahead
Comprehensive fringe programme offers greater insight to green-tech trends
The fringe event schedule for Eco Expo Asia 2013 will cover a cohesive range of areas important to green-tech development. Confirmed events at the 2013 edition comprise of:
• Research & Innovation for Sustainable Growth Seminar – Organised by the Italian Trade Commission, this new event will cite a series of innovative products and give a synthetic overview of the efforts taken by Italy to meet the growing demand for a sustainable growth. Recent developments in biotechnology, renewable energy and energy storage will be covered.
• Seminar on “Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Management Solutions” – Organised by the Green Technology Consortium, a local green organisation to provide various sustainable solutions for environment improvement, the seminar will review possible applications for hoteliers and catering groups for limiting and better managing MSW such as food waste and waste glass bottles.
• Green-tech new product launch – An event showcasing a range of new products and technologies about cooling and heating systems and cleaners from Japan and Canada for Hong Kong and Asia.
• Business Matching Service – Occurring throughout the full length of the show, the service aims to connect decision makers for government-to-business and business-to-business discussions to expand their existing networks.
• Public Day – Taking place on 31 October, the day is geared towards promoting green-tech concepts and solutions to the general public. Events scheduled for this day include a green mart offering a wide array of eco-friendly products, public day forums covering management of different waste as well as workshops on creating an aquaponic system and composting potted plants by food waste.
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
Aug 16 2019 Guangzhou, China
Aug 25 2019 Stockholm, Sweden
Sep 03 2019 Mexico City, Mexico
Sep 03 2019 Mexico City, Mexico
Sep 06 2019 San Diego, CA, USA